Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Surfboard Soap

July 21, 2015
Dear Ichor,

First of all, let me just say how incredibly proud I am of you for embarking on your journey solo. I think that speaks volumes about your character and independence and determination. Personally, I don't know if it's something I could do. You packed a carry on, grabbed your one-way ticket and adapted into your new home so graciously and it sounds like you had an amazing time so kudos to you kid. 
I've gone on a number of escapades myself this year and even now, as I sit and write this, my suitcase has just been packed for my latest one. But I'll tell you more about that later! I've got to catch you up on my former ones first. 
This January, my boyfriend and I made our way back to Dana Point, California. We had gone during the September before but you know how much I love Dana Point and its close proximity to the ocean. Only a mere three months had gone by but I just couldn't stay away. We stopped in Las Vegas for one night to cut our road trip in half and there we ate crepes, purchased some of the greatest soap I've ever smelt at The Venetian (it even had little surfboards in it) and made customized chocolates at the M&M Factory. Basically the only things not-yet-twenty-one year olds can do in Sin City.
Then we were on our way to California. To be honest, I've been traveling to and from Dana Point so much lately that every time I go back, it feels a lot like coming home. I try to make every visit count because with work and new projects and other responsibilities and obligations, our trips can never seem to last longer than a week. So this time around, the bf and I roamed all over SoCal. We strolled through San Diego Zoo, went horseback riding in the Malibu mountains and became little kids again at Universal Studios. It was a wonderful week and I'm grateful for the sunshine and smiles I encountered while we were in California.
Hearing of your trips and going on my own, I realize that anywhere you end up, there always seems to be one thing in common; people are kind. There will always be someone who is willing to give you their most prized surfboard or help you find the nearest beach or simply ask you how you ended up where you did just so they can learn a bit about you. 
And how wonderful is that? 
Can't wait to be reunited again. Talk soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment