Monday, July 27, 2015

Swimmin' with the Fish, Capisce?

                                                                                                                            July 26, 2015
Dear Errand,

       I'm glad to hear you're continuing to do things outside of your full-time job as well as schooling. That alone can easily get you into a routine way of life where the years wither away and the regrets start to grow, not to mention keeping a serious and healthy relationship. I'm not sure I could manage, especially considering I'm a part-time everything and sometimes I struggle to stay relevant.


      Sorry I haven't been on top of my game as far as writing posts. As I put a close on this trip, time seems to have flown by more so now then ever before. Between spending time hiking with my adopted Hawaiian family, rugby with the Missionaries or beach time, I've lost track of the days.
      I could go on for hours about all the wonderful people I've met on the island but quite frankly I don't think anyone cares- I wouldn't anyway, but to say the least they've made the experience so much more memorable and I can't thank them enough for showing me all of the island hot spots, taking me to the best shrimp trucks and even giving me a little Christmas with a few simple gifts on what I thought was going to be another ordinary day this past December. 


    Dawn patrol, waking up at the crack of dawn to find inter peace, a way of life for many, a special occasion for me. Consistently staying away from bad sleeping habits seems damn near impossible when given the choice but every so often I'll comply, especially for places and views like this. Hanauma Bay Park, with an entry fee and a mandatory 15 minute video, I would normally veto the idea of coming here. Luckily I met a lovely elderly couple who let me use their snorkeling gear as well as letting me in on a secret, wake up early and they'll let you in for free, music to my ears. It's well worth it too because what's normally crowded with tourists is seemingly abandoned and hauntingly peaceful. With an array of fish to be seen, and the actual snorkeling experience, this is easily one of my favorite past times and in my opinion, underrated. My last day in Hawai'i, swimming with the fish along with one last charge on the North Shore and I don't believe I could've had a more humbling good-bye.

   (This motor scooter was stolen from this support beam 7 hours after this picture was taken, lol)




No comments:

Post a Comment